Sunday 21 February 2021

Why go to University?

 For the past number of years university has become the "must have" when people leave school. It is the thing to do, whether it is the best option or not. In more recent years there has been the beginnings of a kickback against this and things such as apprenticeships are being explored and not just craft apprenticeships. 

This interesting article in the Guardian asks what is the future of conventional universities when things are now happening online - shades of the Open University?


Click here for the article


3 comments:

  1. Can't disagree my eldest two both eschewed Uni but have gone on to careers in fashion media and automotive hi tech, and saving's in the bank rather than debt. Engineering, sciences, medicine etc all worthwhile and shouldn't be devalued by the proliferation in third division subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Education will change after the difficulties of the Pandemic for sure. Hopefully those in power will see the value of the education of the "whole man" and not just see academics as the only value.
    My hubby and I have been married for 49 years, have 9 children, 25 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren ( soon to be 5). Our Faith is the most important thing to us. We are blessed with so much joy and happiness, I sometimes find it hard to contain it in my heart. Thanks be to God.
    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to appreciate Dr Uromi for getting me cured from Herpes Virus. It was 4 years of battle with lots of failed attempts to get myself cured until I met this amazing man Dr Uromi .3 weeks after taking the herbal treatment he prepared for me , i got cured. He is specialized in treatment of Herpes, Genital warts,Cancers, HIV, HPV, Diabetes, hepatitis etc WhatsApp:- +2349021374574. Or Email:- druromiherbalhome@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete