Thursday 18 April 2013

Losing weight and running

Those regular readers of this Blog (are there any?) will have noticed that there has not been much talk of my weight loss or running in recent months. It all started so well last year. I managed to lose about 18lbs by June last year and the running, or is it wobbling, was slowly but surely getting better. Then came the summer holidays, me reaching 65, retirement , Christmas and the bad weather! This all had a detrimental effect on both weight, too much eating out and drinking, and the weather saw me wimp out of running. So about 10 of those pounds came back on by the New Year.
So I have started dieting and jogging again. Slowly but surely the weight is coming off, I have lost about 10 lbs and the running is coming on. The first Parkrun 5km run saw me do a massive personal worst. Since then there has been a gradual improvement although I have not yet managed to beat last years best yet.
The Garmin GPS stopwatch that I got last year as a retirement gift from my colleagues is reaklly useful. Not only does it give you running times, hear rate etc but also gives you an accurate idea of distance and height gained and lost.




No comments:

Post a Comment