Welcome to Lord Barry's Blog and my ramblings on various current events and family news.
Monday, 26 November 2012
How the other half lives
We were "t'up north" over the weekend hunting for a wedding dress for Helena. In Alderley Edge we saw a sign outside the local off-license (wine merchants) " Two bottles of Cristal Champagne for £250". Needless to say we bought a couple of cases!
I am a retired Consulting IT Specialist. I have been married to Julia for 55 yearsrs and we are blessed with four children; David, Andrew, Lawrie and Hélèna. Not forgetting the "other half's"; Gaew married to Andrew, Lawrie's partner Emma and Hélèna's husband Sam.In addition we have two grandchildren - Henry Thomas, son of Lawrie and Emma. Henry was thirteen in April 2026 and his sister, Georgia Rose, born on 29 December 2017.I am ordained as a Permanent Deacon in the RC Church - date of ordination 8 June 2013 so am now in my fourteenth year of ministry.
Pope Leo XIV Health Concern
-
Pope Leo XIV has said his doctors have found “a localized nodule” in his
lung and will operate in a few days.
Speaking at the Angelus on Sunday, he said ...
Mercy Unlimited
-
Homily for the 28th Sunday of Year A, lightly adapted from the model homily
for Prisoners’ Sunday. What is God like? We all have our own opinions, but
wher...
Establishing a new normal
-
Okay, it's the second Friday in October. A lot is happening. Too much, in
fact. Today, I am not inclined to go into detail.
Once again, it's a year of t...
Autumn Mists
-
Keats' Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness gave a spectacular showing
with morning mists filling the river valley.
Having slept in a little later t...
Learning from Yom Kippur
-
FIND forgiveness. There's an apt phrase. To find forgiveness, we must seek
it out. We must be humble enough to admit our own broken humanity. To
realize th...
DW: Daily Office – Portal Podcast
-
Portal Magazine · Lent 1 This week I contributed to the new podcast of The
Portal Magazine, the monthly online …
Continue reading →
‘The Jews are beloved of God’
-
I wanted to break my silence today, to post something following the
horrific attacks in my own backyard, close to where I live. Let us hold all
those impac...
The Last Post
-
Teresa Shute 5/12/1949 – 10/4/2018 From July 2013 until the end of January
this year I placed at least one post here every single day of the year.
Every da...
Cara Budidaya Ikan Nila
-
informasi *Budidaya Ikan Nila* yang kami sampaikan dibawah ini sebagai
pengetahuan anda semua dalam berbudidaya. Semoga dapat bermanfaat dan
sebagai motiv...
The Helplessness of God - an Advent Reflection
-
The bedroom in my houseboat has french doors that open onto the water.
This morning I awoke to the sound of a swan approaching in flight. The
power of t...
Scottish Flora and Fauna
-
And here is some of the wonderful Flora and Fauna we saw
Slightly overexposed orchid
Look close and you'll see an otter...
David Attenborough (!)
Puffins...
iOS 7 Design Consistency: Button Colors
-
While iOS 7 brought many welcome changes to Apple’s mobile operating
system, one category of change that has not set well with many developers
and users is...
No comments:
Post a Comment