The Home Office has proposed the following:
- Priests, Imams and Rabbis must be enrolled on a national register of faith leaders.
- They must undergo government-specified training.
- They must undergo security checks.
Under this proposal, a priest or deacon could be struck off the register and have his “license” to be a priest or deacon taken away by the government. The police can be called on priests by any member of the public and be arrested with the Crown Prosecution Service prosecuting and criminalising them.
There are also new laws against “Hate Speech,” which is just about anything that is not politically correct as per the government. Catholic teaching on sex and marriage has been deemed as an indicator of religious extremism by Nicky Morgan, the Secretary of State for education, and she is threatening to censure and shut down Catholic schools. Priests and deacons preaching Catholic principles at mass could be prosecuted for “Hate Speech.”
Here are the three radical individuals in the UK Government that are driving this:
- Theresa May. She heads up the Home Office that is proposing the new register and government training of priests, imams and rabbis. (www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11860993/Imams-will-have-to-register-and-face-security-vetting-under-Home-Office-plans.html).
- Alison Saunders. She runs the Crown Prosecution Service that could prosecute religious leaders after being arrested.
- Nicky Morgan. She is the Secretary of State for Education and Minister for Women and Equalities (there is no Minister for Men and Equalities) that threatens to censure or close Catholic schools.
We see how intimidated Christians are becoming in the UK. We see primary and secondary “Christian Schools” in the area (our children attend one) now only teach Christian values as part of a wider comparative religion course and are too afraid to encourage their students to practice Christian values. We have to teach our children the Ten Commandments and The Golden Rule at home because their “Christian School” doesn’t teach it. It’s ridiculous. No one is allowed to have a religious framework to figure out what is right or wrong anymore. Churches and schools are too afraid to say anything. The UK now has the highest rate of family breakdown in Europe.
The growing religious persecution in the UK will worsen if the Catholic Church and its members do not start taking firm legal action against the UK government to stand up and protect their freedom of religion and speech whilst we still have it.