Monday 4 April 2011

Silent Retreat

As I have mentioned previously in this Blog I am in the first year of a Formation Programme which, God willing, will lead to me being ordained into the Permanent Diaconate. Last weekend Julia and I took part in a Silent Retreat held at Ashburnham in Sussex. The retreat centre is set in the former home of the Asburnham Estate in Sussex which in 220 acres of gardens and woodland. It is a lovely setting and it was an interesting experience. It is amazing the different ways that you find to communicate when you are silent. The beautiful lakes helped along with the glorious weather.


Prior to the retreat starting Julia and I spent the afternoon at nearby Battle Abbey. Somewhere that we had not been to for years.


Grounds and gardens at Ashburnham





No comments:

Post a Comment